Episode 1: Bring Your Fans To Their Feet
WELCOME TO OUR TRAINING GROUND
TO START, watch a few minutes of the video that features Barcelona FC.
One of the world’s top soccer teams, preparing for their next high-stakes, high-pressure game. It captures the feel of Team Telepathy, and a sense of where it begins.
Playful, purposeful connectivity creating game-changing magic that brings the fans to their feet. It’s the difference between good teams and great teams - in sport and in business.
In this podcast series
- In Episode 1 - Team Telepathy & It’s Value
- In Episode 2 - How to Develop Team Telepathy in Your Team - The Process
- In Episode 3 - Coaching Team Telepathy - The Pain Points
You don’t have to love sport to get something out of these podcasts. We present sport as simply an example of creative, goal-oriented human endeavour where the value of the team dynamic is particularly visible. We try to stay away from locker-room sport jargon. And make the link to business teams intuitive and relevant.
Episode 1 Notes
- In challenging times, you can’t just stay your shell waiting for a new normal to settle back in.
- It won’t.
- We are entering what would be better described as the new not normal,
- where a growth-oriented business strategy is essential for getting ahead of the wave
- and building future value.
But we need to remember that TEAMS ARE THE ENGINES who implement and iterate strategy, and who ultimately bring your fans - customers, partners, company, community - to their feet.
So every business also needs a growth-oriented Team strategy.
Part of the DNA of high-performing sport teams is their playful, purposeful connectivity, fuelling the ability to test out options, move with speed and fluidity, anticipate opportunities and generate attacking momentum, as well as providing the trust and mutual support needed when the going gets tough.
This is more than just “good teamwork.” These top teams play as if telepathic.
So we have made Team Telepathy the core concept for our work with business teams.
We took our Team Telepathy thinking into an interaction with the dynamic team at Google US Creative Works - the creative minds behind the development of YouTube.
Based on their feedback, our Team Telepathy catalyst
- Created a more positive mindset
- Sharpened individual ownership of RTO & the new Hybrid Work model
- And surfaced insights for managers to further support team development.
A good initial result. More to come.
JOIN US IN EPISODE 2 - Listen now
Where we will outline our sport-based process that can help you grow the Team Telepathy within your company.
If you have some reading time, here is a recommended article from Forbes Magazine on the importance of people/team strategy.
If you have an questions, or would like to book a time to discuss Team Telepathy and the needs of your team, please contact us at email@example.com.
Until then, stay well, and support your team.